Monday, March 24, 2008

Falling In Love at the First Sight

Yesterday, waiting right from the Starbucks in the malls of Oriental Plaza for quite a few time, I eventually saw the face similar to the one showed online. Lisbon ordered an espresso for himself and treated me a Latte. We then had a casual talk. His blue eye was shining.

Unable to pick up a decent restaurant for our lunch, I guided him to Chamate, a Taiwanese chained restaurant. We ordered too many dishes. While I was doing my best to each as much as possible, he only ate a few. He said he wasn't hungry. While he spoke, I stared at his blue pupils. He explained that his brothers and sisters have different colors of pupils from green to orange brown. He was born in Mozambique and his father somehow moved back to Portugal at the age of 40 with nothing, no property and money. Sometimes I still missed some information from his talk, but I think I caught the code behind his eyes.

He said he wants to be along with me.

He said he loves me.

He said he will call me.

At 5:00 p.m. I just left him, and got a text message from him telling me that he already missed me and was glad to have meeting me.

After more than 2 years' single life, I seem to be falling in love with Lisbon. Oh, and one thing I didn't tell him: sometimes when I stared at him, I felt his eyes and face resemble my ex so much.


 

 

No comments: